Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Corner of the World

Last October I had the privilege of attending a work meeting with my husband in Cancun, Mexico at Club Med.  I know, sad.  It was fabulous!  I can still imagine myself standing on the white beach, looking at turquoise waters and feeling the warm, fragrant wind move around me.  Since the drinks are free I helped myself to a million pina colada smoothies (sans alcohol since I don't drink).  They were so good I have been leery of all smoothies since.  I was able to visit a cenota and chichen itza.  I ate fantastic food, held a monkey, saw a gator outside our room, visited with natives, and came home with pesos in my pocket.  It is a trip I hope to take again.

Club Med Aerial View.  Our room was in the building in the center in front of the large group of trees.

This is the cenota I saw in the Yucatan peninsula.  If I had worn my suit I could have swam in it.  Next time.

The temple at Chichen Itza.  You can't walk up the stairs anymore, but the tour is fascinating.

A few photos of me, actually there:

 With a young man dressed in ancient gear.


Checking out the alligator outside my room.

No comments: